HELLLLP! My humidity is too high!

JennaLynn122

Songster
5 Years
Feb 22, 2014
Coffee Co. Tennessee
My chicks are hatching. Humidity keeps spiking to 80-90%s. I dont know what to do. I have plugs out and even added a few vent holes in the homemade viewing windows.
Anyone have any suggestions?

i hope your having a good one.

I started will 11 pulled 3, one in there now im pretty sure is an early death but i left it in due to inexperience and it didnt stink or seep.

But this is how its going right now... they started pipping very early this morning
0.jpg

Okay good. I keep hearing. Don't let the humidity get too high and then it happened. And this is my first hatch so I kinda freaked out.

That's for days 1-18. During lockdown my humidity is around 70. I have a remote display and when I see it says 80 I say yep, another one just hatched. When it says 90 I know 2 are in the process. As the chicks hatch & dry it drops back down to 70.

That's for days 1-18. During lockdown my humidity is around 70. I have a remote display and when I see it says 80 I say yep, another one just hatched. When it says 90 I know 2 are in the process. As the chicks hatch & dry it drops back down to 70.

gotcha... any advise on a really long umbilical cord? the last one that hatched detached from the eggs side intead of close to her body

Back
Top Bottom