Hellloooo from frozen NY

fngrlksflock

Hatching
Feb 23, 2015
Hi everyone!

I've kind of stalked these boards for a while, and figured I may as well just join and get in on the fun. I grew up here in the Finger Lakes of NY, had chickens as a kid, and had a grandfather that used to show them. Hubby is from Chicago...life here was a shock to his poor city boy system! I'm slowly but surely converting him over.
Last spring we got our first set of 6 red pullets from TSC. Our kids were in Heaven having the chicks. They became quite bonded and were heartbroken when we lost their favorite "Snowflake" to some night critter. Our remaining 5 are doing amazing and despite the freezing temps are laying quite well.
We just received our first set of hatching eggs, they will go in the incubator tonight.
I look forward to the reading the wealth of information provided here.

welcome-byc.gif
I'm glad you joined our "flock!"

Good luck with your current chickens and the incubation! I'm sorry about the loss of "Snowflake."

Welcome to BYC.
frow.gif
I'm so glad you joined our community!

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of Snowflake.
hugs.gif
Glad to hear the others are doing well! Good luck with them, and I hope you can find answers to any questions you may have on here!

welcome-byc.gif
Glad to have you join this AWESOME community. Funny we have the same reason for joining, haha. Sorry for your loss
hugs.gif
, we will always be there for you every step of the way. (There's a lot of pros on this website!) Good luck with the incubation and Have a great day!
bun.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom