Hello 👋

RegiB

Chirping
Sep 30, 2020
Hello everyone, my name is Regina and I look forward to learning a lot on here! 😁

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I was able to get to know chickens growing up when I visited family. However, my husband and I started our flock just this spring.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
Currently 25

(3) What breeds do you have?
Leghorn
Ameraucana
Production Blue
Speckled Sussex
Black sex-linked

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
They have some very goofy personalities

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Crafting, cooking, gardening, and reading

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
It my hubs and I along with our almost two adult children and my sister in the home. We have cats, dogs, and chickens (of course). We plan on adding goats in the spring.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
Found this site probably a year ago when I started all my research about keeping and care of chickens. Finally joining because I finally have the time to sit down and do it.

Hello there Regina and welcome to BYC! :frow

Nice assortment of breeds you keep! Sounds like you have a lovely flock. :) Make yourself at home here and welcome to our community!

Thanks! Honestly the only reason I picked the breeds I did was I hoping to reduce the chances of being attacked by one. 😆 But I did just have my suspicions confirmed that 2 of my Sussex are cockerels so we’ll see.

Hey, chickens have no teeth. (biting is minimal) :old Good Cluck!
-BYC-sign-flash.gif

Back
Top Bottom