Hello! A newbie from Illinois.

NikkiBoyce 2012

In the Brooder
6 Years
Oct 1, 2013
I currently live in Jerseyville, IL, but recently bought a home with some acreage in Golden, IL (Closest to Quincy, or Hannibal, MO), I am a stay at home mom of 5 kids, ages 26 all the way down to 6! And have a 4 year old grandson. I am planning on buying chicken this spring. I grew up on a large farm and had chickens before (as well as rabbits, horses, turkeys, hogs, and cattle), but that was over 20 years ago so I need to brush up on what to do. My husband never had anything beyond a dog so he is following my lead on this. I think this will be a good learning experience for my littler kids and grandson.I'll probably be asking a lot of questions to jog my memory. Luckily the home we bought came with two HUGE coops and some equipment.

welcome-byc.gif
I used to know a Cocker spaniel breeder in Jerseyville, I think the last name was Everett. But over the years my mind has gone and taken my slim waist with it.

I'm not originally from Jerseyville. I personally am from Shelbyville, IL (between Effingham, Decatur, Springfield, and Charleston). We moved here when my husband got a job promotion and he had to work in St. Louis. The Metro East Communities didn't appeal to us, and it was so expensive so we got as close to St. Louis without still being in the bigger city hub. My husband is from Cutler, IL (down by Carbondale).

Greetings from College Station, Texas. I lived in Jacksonville, Illinois from 1973-87. I wholeheartedly agree that having chickens is a wonderful experience for kids and grandkids in so many ways.

Back
Top Bottom