Hello (Again) from FLorida

sioux

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 18, 2011
I am returning to the forum, after a long absence. My dog killed my wonderful Buff Orpingtons in 2009 and I didn't have the heart to start over for a while. We have since built a six foot wood fence, and covered the top with gardening stuff so no one is getting in or out except through the six foot wood gate.

I now have three Barred Rocks and one mystery feller. I must say I don't like the Barred Rock personality that much. My Buffs were like affectionate pets and these are more like.....well...chickens.

But, all is well. Glad to be back.

Hello!

Glad you decided to get more chickens, but if you're not crazy about the barred rocks, why not sell them and get yourself some more buff orphingtons? You should have what you enjoy most!

Sounds like your chicks will be safe and sound in your new accommodations.

Take care,
Sharon

Barred rocks have their own personality. If you not happy sell them and get some BO, I have both and each is different but still great chickens.

welcome-byc.gif
from CA
cool.png

Hey welcome back to the world of chickens!
smile.png
I know what you mean about the personalities, my Easter Eggers for example are "in your back pocket" type birds, and my Egyptian Fayoumis are so flighty they are more like pheasants than chickens!!

I'd say trade in the Rocks for some more Orps... someone local might have some available. Never know!
smile.png

Ginwae

Back
Top Bottom