Hello (again)

Flip_Flop_Flock

In the Brooder
Apr 6, 2018
Hello to Backyard chicken!
I used to have an account on here about 10 years ago I think under the name of CoopedChick but I found it easier to restart then try and find all that old information.
Let's see here. I'm a recently married 26 year old. I've decided to try out being a stay at home mother and hobby farmer. Even though I grew up on a farm. Hobby farming is very new to me. My grandfather only farmed enough to feed the family, but I'm hoping to start profiting a little from my endeavors.
I have had poultry all my life. I grew up with chickens, ducks, geese and even peacocks. My grandparents loved their peafowl.
My grandmother gave me my first duckling when I was 3 and I took the best care of that little guy. By the time I was 5 my family built me a duck run and coop and my mom ordered a box full of ducklings. When I was 6 or 7 I saved money by selling duck eggs to our neighbors and bought myself my first box of fancy assorted bantams. I bought of book of chicken breeds and I found which breeds my chicks were. I've had over 20 different breeds of chickens. But now I focus primarily my Cochin bantams and a few standard egg laying breeds.

Back
Top Bottom