Hello all chicken lovers!!!

billio

Hatching
Dec 8, 2015
I am new to this page and forums, will be fun learning and seeing how others do it... I had chickens since before I can remember, had a break while in the military 30 years. Started my flock after retirement with a adopted Catalana hen 1-2 year old; then picked up a 1 yr Catalana rooster and Rhoad Island Red hen. (pics will follow). Threw together a makeshift coop for the out of scrap wood used nails and Philippine moxie of my Father In Law. He knows more about chickens than I ever thought there was to know. Can any one verify my adopted chickens breed as Catalana???

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
To have someone answer your question, you might want to post in "What Breed Or Gender Is This?" Section of BYC. Good luck!

Hi and you are very welcome to our community here at BYC - sorry, I'm not an expert in chicken breeds so i really can't help out with that.

CT

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! How nice that you have been able to get your chicken adventures underway again no you have retired. I too would suggest you post your pics in the what breed gender section. Here is the link ~https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this
I'm sure members there will be able to help you.

Wishing you the very best of luck in the future. Be sure to ask any questions that you may have, everyone here to help and very friendly.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

welcome-byc.gif
glad you have joined us.

Not a breed expert, hope they are what you wanted.

You are lucky to have a family member with experience.

welcome-byc.gif

Thank you for your years of service and congrats on getting back to poultry.

It's nice to have you here!

Thank you for your years in service. I'm not familiar with that breed of chicken, though I've heard that name before. Do you live in the Philippines? I am pretty sure there is a thread dedicated to that area. Put the name in the search and hopefully it will come up. Welcome to Backyard chickens.

Back
Top Bottom