Hello all! Happy to have found you!

Sep 18, 2019
Lafayette, CA
hi,
My name’s Carolyn, I’m technically not a chicken owner, just a “chicken tender.” I am a team leader for the chicken team at our local community garden, which has a large coop and run built to house 16 hens. This is my third year tending, but first brooding chicks. We are starting a new flock, and I am brooding 9 of our new girls who are coming up on 5 weeks old in my garage. They are a mix of Red Star, Rhode Island Red, and Black Star plus one mystery chick put in our order in error that I think may be a rooster :(. I am really hoping to provide an enriching environment for the flock, and I found this site while looking up info on composting inside the run. I have plenty of questions but love seeing all these forums which will help answer a lot of them!
I’m also one year away from being an empty nester so wanting to have something like this to occupy me!

Hello Carolyn and welcome to BYC. I hope that you enjoy your time here.

This is a useful link to take a look at - “How to...” guides. You may wish to consider including your location under your avatar (using the guide in the link above). You can use this link to contact members in your area - U.S. States

Best wishes

Pork Pie
Aw, thanks for the tip! That’s very useful. Appreciate the help!

:frowHi Carolyn! So happy you've found chickens and so happy you found us! I started chickening as a tender as well when a friend had to recover from Achilles tendon surgery. It takes a looooong time to heal so I got to practice on her chickens, lol.
That’s great! My husband is hoping this is as involved as it will get but I can understand how people fall in love with having their own.

Back
Top Bottom