(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
yes my wife and I are brand new to the point that we haven't bought any yet so we thought we would educate ourselves first by talking to those who already know what they are doing.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 0
(3) What breeds do you have? 0
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? We just bought a house with 10acres that already has a small chicken coop and we have wanted to raise some chickens for both the eggs as well as eating for a healthier diet lifestyle.
(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Fishing and making music
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. My wife is on disability from a work accident and I work for myself and have for a good 35 years or so. I run a cabinet business. We have 9 children all grown with 11 grandkids and counting. Working on a new pet and are finally moving out to the country back to my roots.
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? I found BYC on facebook today from the search bar and joined today because we want to know what we are doing.
Welcome to BackYardChickens! So glad to have you here in our wonderful community of friendly, helpful, knowledgeable people!