Chickgirllex

Chirping
Jan 26, 2019
Hey guys my name is chickgirllex and I am new to this chicken thing. We currently have a flock of 15 teenager chickens 4 of which are roosters the rest are hens and they are of different breeds... 2 Rhode island, 9 black Jersey giant, two I'm not sure about and two leghorn mixed with jersey giant... and 12 chicks.... 5 "dominiques" but after some research I'm not sure what they are... 5 new Hampshire reds and 2 broilers that happened by accident. We also currently have an order for 6 blue orpington mixed birds, 4 buff orpingtons, 4 rhode island reds, and 8 ameraucanas. So I'm new to this but jumping in head first. Lol. Any advice would be appreciated and also any suggestions for hatcheries that ship internationally as I am from trinidad in the Caribbean. Thank you and I look forward to meeting all of you.

:welcome!!!!
You’re gonna get addicted to chickens super quick lol.
As for the advice thing, the worst mistake we made when we first started was that we didn’t even know chickens needed grit and oyster shell. 5 of our 6 RIR’s died, but the one that lived was alive for 6 years (she passed away a few months ago :hit) and she has a long line of offspring still living here. So if you didn’t already know..
GRIT AND OYSTER SHELL!!!

Anyway, welcome to BYC we’re glad to have ya :hugs

:welcome!!!!
You’re gonna get addicted to chickens super quick lol.
As for the advice thing, the worst mistake we made when we first started was that we didn’t even know chickens needed grit and oyster shell. 5 of our 6 RIR’s died, but the one that lived was alive for 6 years (she passed away a few months ago :hit) and she has a long line of offspring still living here. So if you didn’t already know..
GRIT AND OYSTER SHELL!!!

Anyway, welcome to BYC we’re glad to have ya :hugs
Thank you I'll be sure to include in our coop

Welcome to the flock! You really did dive in headfirst. I can't help with your question about hatcheries, but I expect there is someone on here that has shipped internationally. I think a good starting point is to contact the hatcheries that carry the breeds you want, and see what they say.
Thank you and I will check them out for sure.

Back
Top Bottom