Hello all

We just finished our first chicken hatching and are working on the last days of our duck hatching! It is nerve racking yet amazingly addicting! We are ready to start another batch of both
Good luck with hatching!

Ducklings are very cute

Hello!
My family lives on a small farm in Iowa! My daughter and I started raising some ducks and chickens last year for her to show in 4H! This spring we decided to hatch our own ducks and chickens and it has been a very great learning experience for us! Stressful at times but we have enjoyed it! My daughter treats these chickens and ducks as her pets and primarily takes care of them by herself. We look forward to watching our new babies grow
Hello and welcome to the flock! There's loads of helpful, knowledgable members who are always on hand to give a friendly word of advice if you need it.

Anyone care to explain to me what 4H stands for? I've seen it a few times on BYC but being from UK its not an abbreviation I'm familiar with. Probably gunna be a "duh" moment when someone tells me! :gig

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to the flock! There's loads of helpful, knowledgable members who are always on hand to give a friendly word of advice if you need it.

Anyone care to explain to me what 4H stands for? I've seen it a few times on BYC but being from UK its not an abbreviation I'm familiar with. Probably gunna be a "duh" moment when someone tells me! :gig

In Iowa kids can join 4H in 4th grade! The H stands for 4 different words that start with H...hand, heart, head and health. The 4H Moto is “to make the best better” and the slogan is “learn by doing” The group meets once a month and is lead by a council of older members voted by peers in the group. They do several service projects and can show animals art work and several different projects completed by them at the local fairs which is judged on! It is about teaching kids responsibility, hard work, commitment and things like that

In Iowa kids can join 4H in 4th grade! The H stands for 4 different words that start with H...hand, heart, head and health. The 4H Moto is “to make the best better” and the slogan is “learn by doing” The group meets once a month and is lead by a council of older members voted by peers in the group. They do several service projects and can show animals art work and several different projects completed by them at the local fairs which is judged on! It is about teaching kids responsibility, hard work, commitment and things like that
Ahh thank you for explaining that to me :thumbsup I would never have guessed that in a million years lol:gig

G'Day from down under Nsiebels :frow Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

BYC has Topic of the Week discussions which I have found to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining; so definitely worth checking out. There are some down the bottom of the page which are duck specific.

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Including your general location on your profile will assist others. Location, climate, season etc can be important factors when members are responding to any questions you may have and vice versa.

You may also be interested in this link:

Back
Top Bottom