Hello all

Nsiebels

In the Brooder
Apr 3, 2018
Hello!
My family lives on a small farm in Iowa! My daughter and I started raising some ducks and chickens last year for her to show in 4H! This spring we decided to hatch our own ducks and chickens and it has been a very great learning experience for us! Stressful at times but we have enjoyed it! My daughter treats these chickens and ducks as her pets and primarily takes care of them by herself. We look forward to watching our new babies grow

awesopme.jpg
:welcome:jumpy

Hello and welcome to the flock! There's loads of helpful, knowledgable members who are always on hand to give a friendly word of advice if you need it.

Anyone care to explain to me what 4H stands for? I've seen it a few times on BYC but being from UK its not an abbreviation I'm familiar with. Probably gunna be a "duh" moment when someone tells me! :gig

In Iowa kids can join 4H in 4th grade! The H stands for 4 different words that start with H...hand, heart, head and health. The 4H Moto is “to make the best better” and the slogan is “learn by doing” The group meets once a month and is lead by a council of older members voted by peers in the group. They do several service projects and can show animals art work and several different projects completed by them at the local fairs which is judged on! It is about teaching kids responsibility, hard work, commitment and things like that

Back
Top Bottom