Hello All

Kaneese

In the Brooder
Apr 18, 2018
Prentiss, Mississippi
I am so excited to be a new chicken momma! I just got 6 Rhode Island Reds and 6 Buff Orpingtons March 1, 2018 and love being around my new feathery friends. I have been reading all about these breeds and following all the advise I have read in these forums. I am so thankful to have found this place to seek advise. My babies are getting big so fast but I think I have a roo in the mix. One buff stands out as in his/ her feathers are not coming in like the others of same age but his comb is red and there are wattles coming in already. Anyway, I am excited to add chickens to my farm as I already have cattle (28 cows, 1 bull). I was the cow lady until my heart attacks and now I have to go with smaller friends to tend to. So here I am rocking the crazy chicken lady =)

Flash-welcome-byc-farmer-co.gif

Hello there and welcome to BYC! :frow

So glad you decided to join us!! Yes, I too used to do the bigger livestock, (horses and goats) until I got too ancient, or should I say, too tired to work with them anymore. :lau Now poultry is more my speed. :old :cool: Chickens sure are fun to keep. They are the light of my world.

Great to have you aboard and welcome to our roost! :)

Hello there and welcome to BYC! :frow

So glad you decided to join us!! Yes, I too used to do the bigger livestock, (horses and goats) until I got too ancient, or should I say, too tired to work with them anymore. :lau Now poultry is more my speed. :old :cool: Chickens sure are fun to keep. They are the light of my world.

Great to have you aboard and welcome to our roost! :)

Thank you! Yes I love my cows but my little feathery friends are more my speed these days =)

Back
Top Bottom