Hello all! :)

lollywinne

In the Brooder
Sep 29, 2021
My name is Lolly and I'm 50 years young. My hubby, Eric, and I just celebrated our 1 year anniversary on 10/10/20, 😍 and we recently bought a house on 19 acres and are living our Homestead dream! I was born and raised in Upstate NY, and Eric is from Ft Worth, TX. We met online while working together on a political campaign, and ended up moving together to Southaven, MS for 2 1/2 years, and now we're in Middleton, TN!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? - My mom used to have chickens and I always loved them! We got our first chickens in May of this year - one month after we moved in!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? - We have 16 chickens so far! (And 10 guineas!)

(3) What breeds do you have? - We have one Speckled Sussex, 3 Australorps, 3 Golden Sexlinks, 2 Porcelain D'uccles, 2 Easter eggers and 4 silkie bantams!

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? - I just love their personalities! They bring so much joy to my days! We held them a lot as chicks, so most of them are very friendly and love to fly up on our laps, shoulders or backs if we're bent over. 😂 I love how they come running up to us and follow us around, always hoping for treats. And they just started laying eggs, which is soooo gratifying! 😍

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? - I love taking care of all our animals, and I love target shooting with my hubby, photography, traveling, dining out, movies, crafting (decoupage, stenciling, silk transfers with chalk paints on glass, wood, etc.), camping/glamping, etc.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. - I have 2 grown children: Ciera is 28 and is a police officer in Smyrna, TN, and Brady is 23 and is a TN licensed armed security guard, also in Smyrna. I also have 3 step children: Christi is 24, Ana is 22 and Michael is 21. And last but not least, in addition to the chickens and guineas, we have 2 goats, 4 dogs, 2 cats! We will be getting sheep next, followed by a mini horse and mini donkey! 😍 As far as my occupation, I'm an entrepreneur! I work from home as an radio personality for an online country radio station, and I'm also an Independent ChalkCouture Designer, both of which I absolutely LOVE doing! 😍
20211005_201832.jpg
BeautyPlus_20210604101126411_save.jpg
20210923_142724.jpg

BeautyPlus_20210430231532679_save.jpg

20211017_124219.jpg

20210912_082041.jpg

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
- My sister also has chickens and she's a member and highly recommended I join too! I've only been a member for about a month now I believe. It's an excellent site with a wealth of information about chickens! Very glad I joined! 👍❤️

Hello, Lolly, and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
LOVE your pictures!
Where about in Upstate?
Hi
Hello, Lolly, and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
LOVE your pictures!
Where about in Upstate?
Hi DobieLover! Thank you! Very nice to "meet" you! :) I'm from Mohawk, NY. It's about a half hour from Utica and an hour from both Syracuse and Albany. Right in the middle of the state.

Back
Top Bottom