Hello all

Curly Beard

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jan 25, 2013
American in Casablanca Morocco
I'm in a strange category for the forum , I have had chickens before (Speckled Sussex ) but i dont have chickens now ( live in a city apartment ) but i hope to have a situation in the futire when i have enough land for a good sized garden and chickens again

My first exposure to chickens was a grandmother that kept 4 or 5 hens in her back yard in Atlanta ,Ga untill they wouldn't let her have them any more ( i'm 58 yrs old, 59 in July)

I do remember she had barred rocks and how they ranged around in her back yard cutting down on insects eating grass and windfall plums from a tree

When i have chickens again there is no doubt in my mind they will be Speckled Sussex again , i really loved those birds .

I was born in Georgia, grew up in South Carolina but i lived in Portland Oregon for 10 of the last 13 years and i have been in Casablanca Morocco for the last 3 years

I had speckled sussex chickens for about 5 years when i lived in Washington state

My avatat is one of my favorite cartoon characters and i love to poke fun at just about everything

frow.gif
Welcome to BYC!! Glad you joined.

Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Hope you'd be a position to get some chickens soon!

Back
Top Bottom