Hello all

Chickanne

In the Brooder
Apr 14, 2015
Oakland
First time to post, so it is a "test." I have wanted chickens for a long time and finally got it done after getting 2 of 3 kids off to college! Our remaining high schooler is reaping the benefits of getting to name all the chicks: Phoebe (BR), Wren ( Welsumer), Raven (astrolorp), Lark (EE). We are one week into raising chicks and one month into building the coop. This site has it all...inspiration, information, fun, and permission to be a chicken nut. Hope to post pics soon of our coop in progress.

ChickAnne

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! Congratulations on your chicks :celebrate Raising chicks is a fantastic and very rewarding experience it's something I enjoy very much and I'm sure you will too. Love the names they have been given its a real good mix.

It's lovely to hear you have found BYC has all you need, it really is full of other chicken nuts. It's a great place to chat about chickens without any funny looks. Looking forward to seeing your coop pics.

Wishing you the very best of luck and enjoy those new babies of yours. Be sure to ask any questions, everyone here to help and very friendly.
Enjoy BYC :frow

We encourage people to be chicken nuts here, always room on the roost for more. Glad you joined the Backyard chickens flock
wee.gif

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Congrats on your flock. I like their names! I have 5 hens named Gracie, Sunny, Daisy, Rosie and Quanie. They are buff orps, an easter egger and a speckled sussex.

BYC sure is filled with helping, inspiring info on raising chickens. Good luck to you and feel free to ask any questions.

Thanks for the warm welcome. Now, if I can just figure out how to upload photos, I could share my idea of using a plantation shutter for a door. Framed out the backside of the shutter and secured hardware cloth on it.

Where is the image button I am suppose to click on?

Back
Top Bottom