Hello all

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Are those your chicks in your avatar?

Thanks:) I got this chick from a feed store and they said it was an ameraucana. Its spotted and doesn't look like most ameraucana chicks

Last edited:
Thanks:) I got this chick from a feed store and they said it was an ameraucana. What do y'all think?

You're welcome. Your chick is an Easter Egger rather than a true Ameraucana which are rather rare and expensive. Easter Eggers are hybrids produced by crossing blue egg layers with brown egg layers to produce offspring that lay eggs in colors other than just blue (olive, green, beige, and sometimes pale pink). Hatcheries and feed stores frequently and incorrectly sell their Easter Eggers under the label Ameraucana (often misspelled as Americana or Americauna). There is a good article at http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2011/09/ameraucana-easter-egger-or-araucana.html explaining the difference between Ameraucanas, Araucanas, and Easter Eggers. Our Easter Eggers are my granddaughter's (pictured in my avatar) favorite hens. She loves their colored eggs. :eek:)

Hi I'm Elli from new jersey, new to being a chicken owner, any help would be valuable. All my kids are grown so at 55 I'm getting 6 chicks on Saturday, a little nervous but mostly excited, my hubby is building me their coop. Secretly in think he hopes it's therapy for me, not the coop lol the chickens. Hello everyone

Hi I'm Elli from new jersey, new to being a chicken owner, any help would be valuable. All my kids are grown so at 55 I'm getting 6 chicks on Saturday, a little nervous but mostly excited, my hubby is building me their coop. Secretly in think he hopes it's therapy for me, not the coop lol the chickens. Hello everyone
what kind are you getting?

what kind are you getting?[/quote I don't know yet going to ask the farmer which are heavy layers and are winter hardy,hoping 2 australorp, 2 Wyandotte and 2 black star. He has them all, but I need you to tell me signs of healthy chicks everything I read doesn't really tell how to check, can you please tell me? Nice to meet you btw. Peace.

Back
Top Bottom