Hello All =)

BubblesTheDuck

Hatching
May 16, 2015
whitehaven

I'm new to this site as a member but have been following a few post for a while to learn how to take good care of my new duck Bubbles (sorry my son chose the name haha) I wanted to join in order to thank all the post you guys have made what served as great information for myself =)
I have one quick question which I couldn't find the answer for Is it wrong of myself to towel dry my duckling after they have had a swim?

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! What an adorable duckling you have there, Bubbles is very cute :love
I'm afraid I'm not a duck person but please do drop by the duck section of the forum for help with your question on towel drying him. Here is the link > https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks
I'm more than sure the duck experts will be able to help you there.

Good luck with Bubbles in the future and enjoy BYC :frow

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! What an adorable duckling you have there, Bubbles is very cute :love
I'm afraid I'm not a duck person but please do drop by the duck section of the forum for help with your question on towel drying him. Here is the link > https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks
I'm more than sure the duck experts will be able to help you there.

Good luck with Bubbles in the future and enjoy BYC :frow

Thank you so much =) So glad to have many helpful people such as yourself x

welcome-byc.gif

Glad you joined us!

Your duckling will be fine, they dry off all by themselves. It won't hurt to touch him up a little bit if you don't want him dripping all over the place. He is such a little cutey!

I don't think it would hurt to dry him off - might keep him well socialized which will be nice into adulthood. I think very young chicks are not at all water repellent, till they have feathers instead of down and preen themselves to spread oil.

He is one adorable duckling. Who could resist him.? Welcome to Backyard chickens, and thank you for posting the photo. Ducklings always make me smile.

Back
Top Bottom