Hello and thanks for having me šŸ˜Š

Phoebe_here

Songster
May 24, 2022
Hello everyone,

Iā€™ve got things a bit back to front, having started asking questions before introducing myself! Just noticed this section of the forum, so thought Iā€™d introduce myself.

Thanks for all your advice and encouragement so far,

Phoebe.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

Yes, Iā€™m new to chickens. I have happy memories of our family raising chickens when I was a child. I wanted my boys (aged 3 and 6) to have similar experiences, and to know the joy of having pets. We welcomed week-old chicks at Easter this year.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

(3) What breeds do you have?

Buff Orpington, Buff Sussex, Platinum Sussex, Barnevelder and Welsummer.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

Getting to know the personalities of the birds. Watching my sons help care for them and enjoy their company. Watching the birds pottering about the garden and sunbathing and dust bathing. The lovely little sounds they make as they go about their business.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Photography, gardening, ceramics, bushwalking, swimming and cooking.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

My husband and I have two young boys. We lived in inner city Brisbane, Australia.

We have no other pets - although my sons consider the worms in our worm farms, and the wild blue-tongue lizard and possums that visit our yard, to be pets!

I previously worked as an editor and artist. Iā€™m now studying so I can work in Diversional/Recreational Therapy.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?

I would Google random questions I had about raising chickens, and BYC articles kept appearing in the search results. The forums and comments seemed friendly, and I saw there was a wealth of knowledge on the site. I found myself returning to the site so frequently, I thought it would be fun to join in.

Attachments

• 0AA994A9-7D52-4D85-94E7-9FAA8E3F50DC.jpeg
    0AA994A9-7D52-4D85-94E7-9FAA8E3F50DC.jpeg
    832.1 KB · Views: 5
Hello everyone,

Iā€™ve got things a bit back to front, having started asking questions before introducing myself! Just noticed this section of the forum, so thought Iā€™d introduce myself.

Thanks for all your advice and encouragement so far,

Phoebe.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

Yes, Iā€™m new to chickens. I have happy memories of our family raising chickens when I was a child. I wanted my boys (aged 3 and 6) to have similar experiences, and to know the joy of having pets. We welcomed week-old chicks at Easter this year.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

(3) What breeds do you have?

Buff Orpington, Buff Sussex, Platinum Sussex, Barnevelder and Welsummer.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

Getting to know the personalities of the birds. Watching my sons help care for them and enjoy their company. Watching the birds pottering about the garden and sunbathing and dust bathing. The lovely little sounds they make as they go about their business.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Photography, gardening, ceramics, bushwalking, swimming and cooking.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

My husband and I have two young boys. We lived in inner city Brisbane, Australia.

We have no other pets - although my sons consider the worms in our worm farms, and the wild blue-tongue lizard and possums that visit our yard, to be pets!

I previously worked as an editor and artist. Iā€™m now studying so I can work in Diversional/Recreational Therapy.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?

I would Google random questions I had about raising chickens, and BYC articles kept appearing in the search results. The forums and comments seemed friendly, and I saw there was a wealth of knowledge on the site. I found myself returning to the site so frequently, I thought it would be fun to join in.

Back
Top Bottom