Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Quote:
I thought for sure most of the hatcheries offered them oh well, that is what I would think it to be but then again from a hatchery and a bantam it could be virtually anything.

Quote:
I thought for sure most of the hatcheries offered them oh well, that is what I would think it to be but then again from a hatchery and a bantam it could be virtually anything.

they dont according to their site, it is kinda weird if you think about it, they have a lot of colors that arent recognized...but ginger red would be best guess, just going off the bird...missed leg color again, lol...

Quote:
Poor breeding? from a big commercial hatchery? man they breed to the letter of the standard (the letter they wrote and lost behind a feed bin), I'm glad I don't have thier feed bill.

Ideal DOES however offer Blue Ginger, so it is probably a ginger red out of the blue ginger breeding.....that was a good catch...

Ideal has half a dozen colors I would LOVE to work with if I knew I would get something worth working with...I would LOVE to see these color patterns on a GOOD oeg.....

Blue Mille Fleur
Chocolate
Golden Campine
Silver Campine
Golden Neck
Red
Red Quill
White Tailed Red

Last edited:
Quote:
I think the Campines are good looking birds and would need to use Birchen or Brown Red respectively to really work them out,
White Tailed red Love the bird, great color combination I don't know that I will stay away from it once I get some of this other stuff off my plate.

the nice part is I have what would be needed for most if not all of those 3, the others I'm not wild about, Chocolate in my opinion you would be best off getty a pair of actual chocolate serama, breed to a Black OE and breed your F1 x F1 and f1x P1 to get back to chocolate dark leg, and OE type that would breed true to color and fewer problems than whatever may be in the mix otherwise.

Blue Millie: big pain in the back end, you thought Blue Spangled was tough, that would be nothing compared to Blue Millie.

Quote:
I think the Campines are good looking birds and would need to use Birchen or Brown Red respectively to really work them out,
White Tailed red Love the bird, great color combination I don't know that I will stay away from it once I get some of this other stuff off my plate.

the nice part is I have what would be needed for most if not all of those 3, the others I'm not wild about, Chocolate in my opinion you would be best off getty a pair of actual chocolate serama, breed to a Black OE and breed your F1 x F1 and f1x P1 to get back to chocolate dark leg, and OE type that would breed true to color and fewer problems than whatever may be in the mix otherwise.

Blue Millie: big pain in the back end, you thought Blue Spangled was tough, that would be nothing compared to Blue Millie.

If you follow along in the serama thread, 98% of the folks saying they have chocolate, have no idea if they do or not. And the four or five seramas that I believe were actually chocolate, they might be cheaper if they were gold plated, lol...Blue mille would be a big pain, but correct color on a good oegb type would make for a gorgeous bird...if you get back into white tailed reds, we might have to do some talkin...I had considered the silver campines myself...still thinkin on silver blue as well...but at the end of the day, 98% of my thinkin goes nowhere, lol...

I will have to find out where the feed store got them from, their legs are silver colored.......
hmm.png

Quote:
I would like to make that one too but my November is just about full.I enjoyed their spring show.Fayetteville will be a double show.Theres only one weekend between it and Haynesville so thats probably all I can make in one month.

I am going to try to stay fairly close this year, and work toward getting wayne a considerable number of points for teh Columbian. I discussed this with him teh other day and thought it would nice to get him 14-16 points before the nationals and a shot at Columbian breeder of the year. After working on the Columbian for 15 years I think he deserves some recognition as adding his birds to what I had has helped fix a few issues, it is something I do so that he can gain some official recogonition for his time and efforts.

I think it would be great for Wayne to get some credit out there for how hard he has worked on those birds.I am looking forward to getting back down there and seeing those guys again.Great bunch of guys.

Quote:
I am going to try to stay fairly close this year, and work toward getting wayne a considerable number of points for teh Columbian. I discussed this with him teh other day and thought it would nice to get him 14-16 points before the nationals and a shot at Columbian breeder of the year. After working on the Columbian for 15 years I think he deserves some recognition as adding his birds to what I had has helped fix a few issues, it is something I do so that he can gain some official recogonition for his time and efforts.

I think it would be great for Wayne to get some credit out there for how hard he has worked on those birds.I am looking forward to getting back down there and seeing those guys again.Great bunch of guys.

from what I understand Aaron plans on trying to make Haynesville, Wayne does not this year. I found that Pryor is schedule for Nov 12. What weekend is Haynesville?

Back
Top Bottom