Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

I remember Wayne saying he may not make Haynesville.I talked to Aaron the other day and he was still planning on making it.I just dont think I can make all three of those back to back.I really like Fayetteville and Haynesville so I am planning on those.Then I will make Shawnee in December,and then Pryor and Pine Bluff AR,In March.We are also sending a couple birds to the Arkansas state fair in September.It's going to be a busy fall and springl!

I was planning on going to Haynsville, Pine Bluff, El Dorado,; Fayetteville is still up in the air. Just me and the boy. Trying to keep him interested in showing.
big_smile.png

Quote:
so long as you can get to winning in Jr's you will keep his interest. I have had trouble with some of the kids when the competition gets real stiff and they are just starting out.
My youngest won't show unless there is $$ involved then he is dead serious, so you need shows that value the youth programs not just tolerate them,

It doesnt seem to be alot of youth interested around us.In the last two weeks I have given three different kids a few birds to show in the county fairs around here.I am just trying to get more of them interested in showing in this area.I told them to bring them back in about a month and I would show them how to trim them for the fairs.With the exception of Fayetteville and Eldorado most of the shows here,the oe numbers are not very good.At Pine Bluff last March I believe all but maybe one or two of the oe in that show,I bred and raised.There were around 300 birds total in the show but not many oe.I hope more people around here will get into these little birds and I believe the youth are a good place to start.

Okay, So some of you guys know I am working on buff colored old english. The trouble is finding birds with the color. So I was trying to figure out what I could outcross to, Buff Leghorns are ideal, but finding them in bantam are tough. I could go with a buff Minicora, again, those are tough to find too. SO im left outcrossing to wheaten, red pyle and black old english, maybe some silver whites if I can get some. But that's about 4 generations of crossing back to get the color. So i got to thinking, what if I outcross to seramas? Jerry, the original importer and one of the top breeders gives his culls away. I was thinking about emailing him and see if he has any buff colored birds, I realize that Seramas do not breed true, but having a bird with a buff pheontype is closer then a bird with out it. I dunno, What do you experienced breeders think of this idea? At the end of the day, Its going to take a lot of work mo matter what I do, so trying can't hurt?

Back
Top Bottom