Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Quote:
Oh, now you cant tell me you like him, but dont like moderns...

Hey, Hey now I'm letting the boy show a modern... fo rme thats a big step. At least it a game.

Lol.....

Quote:
here in Nicaragua they like to dress them this way, but its because its ALWAYS HOT. this can't be done in colder climates...
tongue.png

combat.jpg

I have 2 spangle roosters to choose from, which do you think would be the better one to keep?
First, the adult:

19303_chickens_sept_8_2011_004.jpg

And then the youngster:

19303_chickens_sept_8_2011_008.jpg

Do you think he has potential? I know it's really hard to tell with pictures but I thought I'd see if you could give me any input.

A couple more questions. I got some eggs off of ebay and have 2 pullets that I'm not sure of the color, can anyone help?

19303_chickens_sept_8_2011_022.jpg

19303_chickens_sept_8_2011_011.jpg

I believe the second one is a lavender. She's kind of a slate grey color.
They hatched the middle of July

Quote:
You cant tell much on his tail, his tail is either pinched (which is a very common problem with spangles) or he is in a tail molt, but he has real nice, even, small mottling, appears to have a nice wing bow and wing bay, has nice body to him and keeps his wings tucked in tight and high, well balanced, not escessively long legged like many you see nowadays. All in all, one of the nicer spangled cockbirds I have seen. How old is he? I would use that older bird til he died of old age, myself....he does appear to be a henline bird, which I prefer. Good luck, spangled are my choice variety of oegbs.

Last edited:
Quote:
You cant tell much on his tail, his tail is either pinched (which is a very common problem with spangles) or he is in a tail molt, but he has real nice, even, small mottling, appears to have a nice wing bow and wing bay, has nice body to him and keeps his wings tucked in tight and high, well balanced, not escessively long legged like many you see nowadays. All in all, one of the nicer spangled cockbirds I have seen. How old is he? I would use that older bird til he died of old age, myself....he does appear to be a henline bird, which I prefer. Good luck, spangled are my choice variety of oegbs.

He is in a molt. Is it more desirable to have small speckles or large? He does have smaller specks than the young one. His last primary wing feather is white, though, is that a problem?

I have one OE cockerell. I probably need to dub him soon. I am so nervous. I bought some blood stop powder. I am nervous. I need to read up on dubbing before I do it. I'm so nervous about it I haven't even done the reading yet. Good way to procrastinate the task. My sis says she cuts a hole in the finger of a brown work glove. Puts them in the glove with their head sticking out.

I'm sure once I did it one time I would be more confident, but criminy! I would AT LEAST like to WATCH someone else do it one time before tackling it myself. I'm a "see one-do one" person.

I'm still nervous about it.

Back
Top Bottom