Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Quote:
You cant tell much on his tail, his tail is either pinched (which is a very common problem with spangles) or he is in a tail molt, but he has real nice, even, small mottling, appears to have a nice wing bow and wing bay, has nice body to him and keeps his wings tucked in tight and high, well balanced, not escessively long legged like many you see nowadays. All in all, one of the nicer spangled cockbirds I have seen. How old is he? I would use that older bird til he died of old age, myself....he does appear to be a henline bird, which I prefer. Good luck, spangled are my choice variety of oegbs.

He is in a molt. Is it more desirable to have small speckles or large? He does have smaller specks than the young one. His last primary wing feather is white, though, is that a problem?

he is allowed 2 solid white feathers in the wing primaries. One is not a problem and is less than most will have.

sjarvis00, do you have any picture of your White oegbs? I would just like to see a nice rooster in the Whites if you have one to show! I would also like to see one of your Brown Reds if you have a good picture of one of those.
pop.gif

Quote:
It is a shame you are not closer to OKC area, I would gladdly help you out with the task.

Thanks for the offer. I do appreciate that.

I intend to watch some of the videos on you tube as well as reading as much about it as I can. I'm still procrastinating. Gulp. Maybe if it rains I'll get that done!

Quote:
My whites are posted on our website, click a pickture and it will take you to the white photo gallery. As for Brown Red I do not currently have photos up and it may be a while I am waiting on good green grass for photo shoot.

Quote:
My whites are posted on our website, click a pickture and it will take you to the white photo gallery. As for Brown Red I do not currently have photos up and it may be a while I am waiting on good green grass for photo shoot.

here are some whites,
30249_sany0721.jpg

Quote:

Thank you! I had looked our your site and did not see them--I will look again!
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom