Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

We love the self blue pullet so I will get better pics of her for sure. She has the sweetest attitude and is a parrot. Wants to sit on your shoulder and talk to you.

The last one is Wheaton. Can't get rid of him no matter how he turns out. He has been touched by divine intervention. Emma the middle child whacked him in the head with the aluminum framed fish net. She knocked him out cold...his name is Coma by the way. So he stays but may not have any serious girlfriends.

The Red Pyle is our least favorite so now I have no guilt finding him a pet home.

The Spangled trio Allie really loves, I will try and get better pictures and put them next to a can to get some pictures that have value.

I don't think today is going to be a photo day. Nothing but black clouds and drizzle.

Thanks for the assessment. Would love to hear some others chime in as well. I don't know if competition is less at the junior level but would love to hear ya'lls opinion on that as well. We are talking ABA and not 4H or fairs.

We will be reviewing the standard some more. Does anyone have winning show bird pictures in self blue and spangled? If they are already in the thread, I apologize, I haven't looked there yet.

Gotgame has some very good spangled..

that is a funny story about the little wheaton.. I am actually glad it is wheaton and not BB as that makes him better. He looks like he will have a nice body on him just hard to tell in teh photo.

Competition in Juniors can be tough based on the show, some of teh smaller shows it's the lesser varieties that the youth do very well with. BB red, Black, White seem to be at every turn. Wheaton / Blue wheaton is getting more common in the central US especially OK, Texas, and Ar. there is a lot less competition in Spangled in juniors because they are a very involved variety for breeding.

So, I'm trying to get these legs clean. Been doing like I was told. Do I just pull off the scales? I can get them to raise off the legs. Just not sure if I should pull them.
BTY... Making plans to go to Shawnee.
big_smile.png

Quote:
Once they have been soaked in warm water, and coted in vaseline twice they will come off, if they are lifting then go ahead and pull them off. start at the top and work down the leg, you may find some that are not very loose yet along teh way and it may take a few times to get them all. I had a Birchen male that took me 8 or 9 days working every day a little at a time.
call if you have trouble..
I am glad you are working toward going to shawnee, do you want a show catalog and junior entry form?

Last edited:
I saw the link and can print it off on the OEGB forum. Thanks again. Gonna go pull off some scales while the baby is still asleep. Its my 2 hour window.
big_smile.png

Quote:
Need a Pic..

First generation goldens do not have a great deal of gold showing so it will still be difficult to tell. the next thing to keep in mind is that golden dickwings do not breed true. only have a 12.5% chance of a golden duckwing male having decent color.

I can't get these legs clean. Also I can't get any scales to come off. Just don't know. I'll keep trying.

Last edited:
Quote:
I have never had a band do that, are they spirals or seamless? I also have not used black bands, i like light colors yellow, pink, etc for light legged birds and red or dark blue for slate and black legged birds.
If its from the band you might try some laundry soap.
If the scales aren't old or loose then do not pull them.

Back
Top Bottom