Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

I've posted this request in a couple of other threads and thought that I'd try here also: I don't know if anyone can help me but I went to the Waverly, Iowa swap this spring and saw a trio of mille fleur OEGBs. With our late, late spring in Minnesota, I really didn't have a place to put them so didn't buy them. I'm still kicking myself for not getting them or any contact info from the seller. I should have just bought them and found a place for them but I didn't and then later I thought I should have asked about hatching eggs. Would anyone on here know who this person was and any contact info about them. She was actually selling them for her daughter who was home with the flu. She was set up with a tent and had 5 or 6 bottle goats and , I believe, 4 trios of different colored oegbs. I don't remember if she had anything else there or not, maybe some pigeons but I'm not sure. Any info would be appreciated, thanks in advance for any replies. Or if anyone knows anyone who has nice mille fleur oegbs, could you get me contact info on them?

same here, but im not an expert in OE, my breeders have all red faces and combs. some of the chicks are showing some darkness though... i'll probably sell them as pet quality, since there isn't a lot of meat there to eat.

Combs and Wattle Color of OEGB from Bantam Standard
Birchen-Mulberry
Black-Red to Mulberry
Brown Red-Mulberry
Lemon Blue-Mulberry
Silver Blue-Mulberry
Self Blue-Bright Red
All others Red or Bright Red

Wanted - 2 solid color dun or khaki OEGB hens or pullets. Can be oversize, undersize, doesn't matter. Can have faults. I just need the color for a project. PM me with what you have available.

what would cause a black face?
The Birchen allele at the e-locus is the root cause of a good mulberry face, they will darken in the sun considerably more. You can breed for or away from this by selection of breeders. watch the leg color, color of the feet pads, chick down color. To darken the face select breeders with darker leg and foot pad, to lighten go the other way.

She was a rescue at a poultry swap, her back was stripped bare- she has cleaned up pretty and a sweet personality- Have been told she is an OEGB?

she is very sweet- here is what she looked like when i got her, the guy selling her got a group of chicks in and she and 3 others were in the group- he didn't know anything about her- she was hiding behind a water dish to get away from being pecked- this was her first bath

Back
Top Bottom