Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Random OEGB thought, there are currently 40+ varieties of Old English Game Bantam and probably more that I'm not aware of, and yet I have never even heard about Partridge or Silver Pencilled, that just struck me as odd.
BGMatt,
I will dig up a photo or get one of a few hens I have, Columbian over SDW or BB Red works real good, The Columbian is Partridge based, rather than wild type partridge. The Salmon breast disappears very quick, the F1 females appearance is very close to a silver quill a follow up mating of F1 x F1 will produce some with pattern in the breast. This is a F1 from Columbian over BB Red

I ship nearly everywhere, just cut an apple or orange in half and place in the box with the birds for the food and moisture content they do very well. I have never had a problem with them that way.

Loveourbirds, thank you for the reply. My birds are vaccinated, but I'm not currently npip certified. I'm thinking about it though and just sent an inquiry last night to state rep. Is it worth it to be npip? I've read mixed feelings about it. Thanks!

Feel free to send west coast people to my site. I can ship with new horizon boxes, but in cooler weather. It's been 100 degrees plus here.

Here's a pic of some of my oegb's.

Loveourbirds, thank you for the reply. My birds are vaccinated, but I'm not currently npip certified. I'm thinking about it though and just sent an inquiry last night to state rep. Is it worth it to be npip? I've read mixed feelings about it. Thanks!
the worst part about being a member (in Ohio) is the paperwork. for us its a $50 a year fee, they do an avian flu test and check for typhoid and pullorum. the tests are free. it does come with some restrictions on buying new stock - basically you have to make sure the stock comes from other NPIP members or you have it tested before selling any offspring from it. once you become a member they list all the breeds you have that are certified pullorum/typhoid/avian flu free - so its a form of advertisement. if there is an illness outbreak in your area, they will call or mail you to let you know, so you can take appropriate actions with your own flock.

in Ohio you have to be a member to legally ship chicks and eggs. unfortunatly the laws vary from state to state, so i cant tell you for sure how they do things on the west coast.

now that i am a member, i will keep up the membership until i decide to retire.

Back
Top Bottom