Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Seconding the Serama thought. They're not Old English whatever they are b

Being a rookie in OEGB, I would still agree those look Serama-ish, but don't count a Serama out of the fighting ring. I have a couple boys that will challenge anything that disturb their ladies.
lol.png
Especially if they are in a nest box. They sit just outside that box daily until the girls lay that golden egg and then each will go bug hunting with their respective trio. They have no idea they are as small as they are.
wink.png

Hi all, could anyone point me in the direction of some blue, black, or splash birds (any age) or hatching eggs? I've been trying to find some locally and my luck has been abysmal.

@one chick two, you have some really nice looking birds imo. I would breed them enyway and see what you get, i think the hens look real nicr aswell nice color and body type

Being a rookie in OEGB, I would still agree those look Serama-ish, but don't count a Serama out of the fighting ring. I have a couple boys that will challenge anything that disturb their ladies. :lol:  Especially if they are in a nest box. They sit just outside that box daily until the girls lay that golden egg and then each will go bug hunting with their respective trio. They have no idea they are as small as they are. ;)  
there's a big difference in the temperament of oegb and serama roosters, try putting one of each breed together, oegbs are a lot tougher lol

there's a big difference in the temperament of oegb and serama roosters, try putting one of each breed together, oegbs are a lot tougher lol

This simply isn't true. Old English large fowl? Yeah. But the bantams...there's never any issue. My males all live together when not being used for breeding, my more accomplished neighbor up the road pens his cocks and cockerels together too up to 30 of them at a time, never has an issue, course we might just be too new to the whole chicken thing, only 39 years between the two of us and only 37 with OEGB. LOL

Back
Top Bottom