Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

The show season has just really kicked off around here back in late Oct. we will have a show nearly every weekend till mid. feb. The shows here were canceled this weekend due to weather and road conditions, but I still have the ABA nationals this weekend.

You're lucky to have a bunch of shows nearby. Even if I extend my radius to 8 hours each way I can only hit 5 a year. Last one is Nov, then not another one until March.

I have an extra lemon chocolate rooster and I was wondering what would happen if I put him in with a silver hen and a blue bbred hen.

I'm sure he'd be very happy. Just one question: what's a Blue Black Breasted Red look like? I won't even ask about a Lemon Chocolate & a ilvere.

Wrong leg colour-all American Game Bantams have slate legs. Type is wrong as well. hatchery Modern is probably as good an answer as any.

American Standard Game

Not a Bantam and not a show chicken ......... yet both American Games bantam & Standard American Games come with just about all color legs (always have and always will) .

Last edited:
American Standard Game

Not a Bantam and not a show chicken ......... yet both American Games bantam & Standard American Games come with just about all color legs (always have and always will) .

Since it was presented in an OEGB thread I assumed it was being presented as a bantam. The standard for American Game Bantams calls for all varieties to have slate legs.
Here's a philosophical question- how can a breed w/o common characteristics be a breed? I suppose the answer would depend on how you define breed. By any definition that makes sense to me a breed that doesn't include the requirement of common, predictable characteristics isn't really a breed. To my mind the sort of birds you are referencing are what I'd call Mutts.

Last edited:
Since it was presented in an OEGB thread I assumed it was being presented as a bantam. The standard for American Game Bantams calls for all varieties to have slate legs.
Here's a philosophical question- how can a breed w/o common characteristics be a breed? I suppose the answer would depend on how you define breed. By any definition that makes sense to me a breed that doesn't include the requirement of common, predictable characteristics isn't really a breed. To my mind the sort of birds you are referencing are what I'd call Mutts.

Your assumption was wrong ....... thus negating the rest of your exasperations

have you ever heard of the founding American GameFowl that were brought over to US not for show but to produce and participate in the most popular sport in the world

Back
Top Bottom