Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Quote:
the "Sport" is alive and well in many locations in the world.. I dont breed for it, I know lots of people who breed them and its like religion to them, the feed them like if there were their own child, train them,

Wouldn't the only pure be the red jungle fowl? And what do you mean by" in the sport"? If you're referring to cockfighting that is not allowed on this forum per BYC rules.

(jungle fowl) thats a good one sdm111 !!

Last edited:
I have an extra lemon chocolate rooster and I was wondering what would happen if I put him in with a silver hen and a blue bbred hen.

I guess let me start by saying that the Blue version of a BB Red is called a "Blue Red." Here is a good color calculator that I like to use: http://kippenjungle.nl/kruisingKipFlexTree.html

According to that color calculator a "Lemon Chocolate" (which I would think should be a fawn/dun version of a Lemon Blue) over a Blue Red = 25% Lemon Blue, 25% Lemon Fawn/Dun, 25% Brown Red, and 25% Lemon Khaki/Platinum - which would be a bird that expresses both the dun gene and the blue gene at the same time.
You can fiddle around with the color calculator to see what would happen with that rooster and your other hen. The calculator just goes off of what genes will be present in each cross, the resulting chicks may actually look more cross-bred since you are breeding a crow-wing rooster to duckwing hens but I don't know that for sure.

Here are some charts that may help out too.
Black Breasted Red Family - Old English Game bantams as Bred and Shown in the United States
00a9.png

33115_dsc_0010.jpg

Crow-Wing Family - Old English Game bantams as Bred and Shown in the United States
00a9.png

33115_dsc_0011.jpg

Wheaten Family - Old English Game bantams as Bred and Shown in the United States
00a9.png

33115_dsc_0012.jpg

They came from this thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...s-charts-and-lots-of-reading-updated-nov-13th
There is a lot of good information there about genetics and such.

Your assumption was wrong ....... thus negating the rest of your exasperations

have you ever heard of the founding American GameFowl that were brought over to US not for show but to produce and participate in the most popular sport in the world

I think you should look up the meaning of "exasperations". Never a good idea to use a word when you don't know it's meaning.
I haven't seen where the owner of the bird said it isn't a bantam. In fact in post 3224 s/he seems to confirm that it's a bantam. Maybe your assumption is wrong?

Last edited:
I think you should look up the meaning of "exasperations". Never a good idea to use a word when you don't know it's meaning.
I haven't seen where the owner of the bird said it isn't a bantam. In fact in post 3224 s/he seems to confirm that it's a bantam. Maybe your assumption is wrong?

oh me ... here i am thinking it fit perfect ... watching as one becomes agitated , annoyed and frustrated at anyone contradicting their words or statements on so many different groups with so many different people (same thing over & over & over) "exasperations"

Last edited:
I haven't seen where the owner of the bird said it isn't a bantam.  In fact in post 3224 s/he seems to confirm that it's a bantam. Maybe your assumption is wrong?

(He)/me confirms Dixie is a bantam. Still excited to see my question intriguing so much enthusiasm. Happy to see I have such a unique old English game type!

(He)/me confirms Dixie is a bantam. Still excited to see my question intriguing so much enthusiasm. Happy to see I have such a unique old English game type!

Thanks for confirming that it's a bantam, however it's still not an Old English Game Bantam. Not with those legs.

Do you have pics or could take some of him with other bantams and with regular (not bantam) fowl we could see ?

Back
Top Bottom