Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

If she is heterozygous for dominant white (one copy of the gene), then then about half of the chicks would be Whites carrying Black or Blue and the other half would be Blacks and Blues. If she is homozygous for dominant white (two copies of the gene) then all of the resulting offspring will be Whites carrying either Blue or Black. I don't know if there are actually any dominant white birds in the OEGB world, so hopefully one of the more experienced breeders on this thread will speak up soon.

If she is heterozygous for dominant white (one copy of the gene), then then about half of the chicks would be Whites carrying Black or Blue and the other half would be Blacks and Blues. If she is homozygous for dominant white (two copies of the gene) then all of the resulting offspring will be Whites carrying either Blue or Black. I don't know if there are actually any dominant white birds in the OEGB world, so hopefully one of the more experienced breeders on this thread will speak up soon.
Thanks for your answer. I'm really awful when it comes to genetics.
roll.png

No prob. Hopefully someone will have a fairly concrete answer for what kind of White is on your hen. Once you know what genes you are dealing with it makes it all a lot easier to figure out, especially if you have a good color calculator to work with.
I like this one: http://kippenjungle.nl/kruisingKipFlexTree.html
I've been trying to figure that one out.
lol.png
Took me awhile, but I did get some answers.

I still haven't figured it out. What percent of what do you get with a mille fleur rooster and a blue mille fleur hen? Thanks in advance.

Works the same as any other variety with blue involved, you'd get 50% "black" in this case Mille Fleur, and 50% "blue" in this case Blue Mille Fleur. If you went Blue Mille Fleur to Blue Mille Fleur you would get 50% "blue", 25% "black" and 25% "splash" and of course the "splash" to "black would give you 100% "blue".

This applies to Blue Red, Lemon Blue, Silver Blue, Blue Wheaton, Blue Crele and any other "Blue" with the exception of Self Blue which is genetically speaking Lavendar and works differently.

Here's mine. I've been breeding this little silver duckwing family for about 7 years. I'll be adding some new blood soon.

I don't have a pic of my rooster right now.

I'm considering buying this rooster to add to my flock for new blood. Can I get some thoughts/opinions on him please?? (Pics aren't very good. They're what the seller sent me)

Here's mine. I've been breeding this little silver duckwing family for about 7 years. I'll be adding some new blood soon.

I don't have a pic of my rooster right now.

I'm considering buying this rooster to add to my flock for new blood. Can I get some thoughts/opinions on him please?? (Pics aren't very good. They're what the seller sent me)

Looks good. He looks like a fawn duckwing.

Back
Top Bottom