Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Works the same as any other variety with blue involved, you'd get 50% "black" in this case Mille Fleur, and 50% "blue" in this case Blue Mille Fleur. If you went Blue Mille Fleur to Blue Mille Fleur you would get 50% "blue", 25% "black" and 25% "splash" and of course the "splash" to "black would give you 100% "blue".

This applies to Blue Red, Lemon Blue, Silver Blue, Blue Wheaton, Blue Crele and any other "Blue" with the exception of Self Blue which is genetically speaking Lavendar and works differently.
I think I might be figuring out the blue, that is what I was thinking.
Another question, though, I have a chocolate hen, has anyone crossed chocolate with mille and what would happen with that? Thanks very much for your answers.

My new rooster. I think he is from a lemon blue project.

Here's my lemon blue hen I am putting with him.
What are y'all's opinions?

I love this thread. OEGB are some of the coolest chickens. I was hoping I could get some help from the experts though. I have a bantam hen I got in a bargain bin at the feed store last spring. I think she may be OEGB but I'm not sure. I was hoping someone could tell me if she is and what variety she may be.

I love this thread. OEGB are some of the coolest chickens. I was hoping I could get some help from the experts though. I have a bantam hen I got in a bargain bin at the feed store last spring. I think she may be OEGB but I'm not sure. I was hoping someone could tell me if she is and what variety she may be.

Looks like a B.B Red from a hatchery stock.

Back
Top Bottom