Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Here is a trio I have acquired. Does anyone have the SOP (any country) for the comb colour? I can't find any information on the comb colour.

Here is a trio I have acquired. Does anyone have the SOP (any country) for the comb colour? I can't find any information on the comb colour.

A trio is usually 3 birds not 2. The ones pictured look more like Modern Game bantams than Old English Game bantams. They appear to be of the Birchen variety & if so a dark purple comb is appropriate.

A trio is usually 3 birds not 2. The ones pictured look more like Modern Game bantams than Old English Game bantams. They appear to be of the Birchen variety & if so a dark purple comb is appropriate.

The two females are the same.

The picture is a bad representation of their body structure. It is very OEGB-like normally.

Their legs are too short for Modern Game.

The two females are the same.

The picture is a bad representation of their body structure. It is very OEGB-like normally.

Their legs are too short for Modern Game.
hard to see their leg length in the tall grass.
I'm not used to seeing whip-tails on OEGB females. That's not how we breed them here. Female is also very long backed for an OE. I don't know what your Standard calls for but in the US they would b very poor EGBs.

hard to see their leg length in the tall grass.
I'm not used to seeing whip-tails on OEGB females. That's not how we breed them here. Female is also very long backed for an OE. I don't know what your Standard calls for but in the US they would b very poor EGBs.

Oh no, she isn't like how the photo represents. She's getting up from sun bathing.

I used the photo to represent the colours.

She has a much shorter back, beautiful tail for the standard, as does he.

I know the Brits, and Eu raise their OE to different standard in regard to tail and body structure. For Birchen you have the best colored male comb and face I have seen to date from anywhere. I would love to have the genetics for that comb color in my Birchens here in the US however feel that it would take far too long to get back to a competitive body structure here.
Beautiful Birds, you are on the right path.

I know the Brits, and Eu raise their OE to different standard in regard to tail and body structure. For Birchen you have the best colored male comb and face I have seen to date from anywhere. I would love to have the genetics for that comb color in my Birchens here in the US however feel that it would take far too long to get back to a competitive body structure here.
 Beautiful Birds, you are on the right path.

He does have a good body structure, it's just that this is not a good photo representation of the body. Only for the colours.

We're Australian, so different SOP yet again.

The entire trio do have good carriage, and I'd show them, if only I could come to dubbing his beautiful comb. Seems like a crime. I will be dubbing his offspring though.

They were sun bathing, and I startled them as I tried to take a photo. Trust me, he has good carriage. Not the best, but good.

Back
Top Bottom