Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

My bad. I thought they were just bad quality oegb with a lot of red leakage.. I also thought game bantams were dubbed, and that comb type didn't necessarily matter, but again I was wrong.

Can I get a barred lemon blue bird when I cross a LB male with a barred girl?

You will end up with sexlinks of sorts in the F1 generation - males would have barring and females should be solid, though there could be some red/gold leakage on the males' hackles, saddles, and shoulders. If you cross the F1s with each other about a quarter of the F2s could be Birchens or Lemon Blues with barring. Who knows how true their Birchen coloring would actually be though.

Awesome color calculator here: http://kippenjungle.nl/kruisingKipFlexTree.html

You will end up with sexlinks of sorts in the F1 generation - males would have barring and females should be solid, though there could be some red/gold leakage on the males' hackles, saddles, and shoulders.  If you cross the F1s with each other about a quarter of the F2s could be Birchens or Lemon Blues with barring.  Who knows how true their Birchen coloring would actually be though.

Awesome color calculator here:  http://kippenjungle.nl/kruisingKipFlexTree.html

Sounds interesting. I might just have to try it out and see.

I have 6 bantams, all of them different. At 5 days old theses 2 looked like chipmunks with beaks. Today at 24 days old they have changed dramatically. I was wondering if anyone can tell me if these are OEGBs.

This is Bully, named after the MSU bulldogs mascot.

This is Big'en, well cause he/she has a big head.

Bully (1st chick pic), the markings are more of a tan stripe on drk brown feathers. Big'en has tan specks on dark brown feathers.

Last edited:
I have 6 bantams, all of them different. At 5 days old theses 2 looked like chipmunks with beaks. Today at 24 days old they have changed dramatically. I was wondering if anyone can tell me if these are OEGBs.

Bully (1st chick pic), the markings are more of a tan stripe on drk brown feathers. Big'en has tan specks on dark brown feathers.
I have some that are exactly like those I got from TSC. Been told they are OEGB. I believe the coloring is partridge but can find any info on partridge OEGB

Fairly sure these are not Old English, the leg color is wrong for any of the varieties that would look that color as chicks (unless my memory is going). Is it possible they could be Dutch bantams perhaps?

Back
Top Bottom