Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Quote:
A pullet is a female bird under a year of age, while a hen is one over one year. The same goes for males. Cockerel: under 1 year. Rooster/Cock: over 1 year. Welcome to the world of chickens! :)

Last edited:

I got these guys at the auction. I thought the roo was creole but after really looking I think he's golden duckwing crossed.... he's very beautiful! I love him! I'm just not sure what to do with them lol....

Yara,
I made a cross a few years ago with Columbian OE over BB Red, he is very similar to many of the 2nd and 3rd generations past the cross. I did let several of them go to others who working the Columbian so could well be from that, I am in Central OK and given where some of those birds went an auction would not be a surprise.

A pullet is a female chicken that is a year old or younger. Some people will consider them hens as soon as they start laying while others don't count them as hens until after the year mark. Same with the cockerel.
Okay thanks that is what I thought. so basically, they are the "teenagers".

Anyone going to the show in Salisbury, NC have a brownred rooster I am also looking for a crele rooster I may be interested in a hen or 2 as well

If not going to the show is there someone in my area north western NC

Thanks
Kenneth

Anyone interested in some pullets?

I have 2 black/gold OEGB pullets, not quite show quality because of their color, but 100% NOT hatchery blood. They have excellent type, and are from my breeding flock that has done quite well in shows.

I also have a few other bantams for sale.

Pm me if interested! I am in Sacramento. I will not ship.

Hi,

I am a newcomer (sorta) to OEGBs and I was given 6 bantams of pretty good quality IMO, while I know one rooster got a tail that is slightly angled to high the hens I personally think are very good quality but I would like to buy from good showstock (preferable adults) sometime next year :D I have right now black and self blues and would love more self blues if possible. And I would like to find a master breeder mentor to help me go on the right path with this breed.

Back
Top Bottom