Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Pics
That is Andalusian Blue.Most people just call it blue.There is also a self blue which is more of a slate grayish blue color.

Here is a young boy. I just love this color.
6236_036.jpg

Cool pics. There are so many colors in the OEGB's. Its hard to chose just one.
big_smile.png

The blue hen is very pretty.

Last edited:
I was wondering if someone could confirm this coloring on my 12 week old OEGB cockerels for me? I was told (and after researching it myself) it is Crele. I am looking for a new home for these guys and I don't want to mislead anyone on the coloring. Thanks!

DSC_0006-19.jpg

DSC_0007-18.jpg

Last edited:
Stop showing the blue birds. You make we want some. Do blues do well in shows? Is there a lot of competition?

Sorry, I forgot. I vote Crele.

Last edited:
The blues are tough to win with in the big shows.There are so many things you have to watch for breeding blues.Even lacing,color,Preventing rustiness in the saddle and hackle is a problem most blue breeders have to deal with.Around here there is'nt that many blues to compete with.If you get out east there are some very good blue exhibitors,and they do win some show champions with their birds.Our blue breeders came from one of the top blue exhibitors in the country,so hopefully we can improve the blue's in this area.

Back
Top Bottom