Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Pics
Thanks. I know that black/splash will make blue but wasn't sure how it would work with the other colors. I'm putting eggs in the bator tonight or tomorrow so I guess I'll know before long.

I really enjoy reading all the color X's that you guys talk about. Its very interesting. BTY.....The roo's tails are starting to grow fast now.
big_smile.png

Quote:
I recently bought a spangled hen at the local auction. She was with other spangles but has been free ranging since she's been here. That's been about 2 weeks and she's laid 3 eggs in the past few days. I do have a spangled roo that she roosts with and hangs with in the mornings, though I'm not really sure where she goes during the day. If you want her eggs I can send them for the shipping? Probably $7. I also have some blue OEGB hens that think they are hiding their nest in a building, but again they free range (I'm in the process of making pens for them), so it's hard to say if they are pure or mixed. The only OEGB roos I have are black or lemon blue, but I do have some other breeds that roam around out there right now. Again, I could send their eggs for shipping, there are 5 of those. So 8 eggs total if you want them
smile.png

pamperedpoultry has spangles and barred OEGB and often offers eggs though, she sells them relatively cheap too. You might want to check with her if you aren't interested in mine
smile.png

Thanks for the offer, I wouldn't mind having the blues (or any mix of OEG) but I'd rather not wonder if anything else was mixed in. I will check with pamperedpoultry though, thanks for the heads-up on her.

Here are some pics of my 1st hatched blue red, he is the only survivor of the cat attack out of the batch.

at 2 1/2 months, he was eating chop hard boil egg.
34472_picture_jp3_07_30_10_006.jpg

34472_picture_jp3_07_30_10_005.jpg

recent pic of him at close to 4 months, he is very tame.
34472_jp2_001.jpg

34472_jp2_002.jpg

34472_jp2_003.jpg

34472_jp2_004.jpg

What do you guys think of my rooster?

IMG_0119.jpg

Is he "Show quality", i really don't like OEGBs but i bought a pair because i wanted some show birds, his hen died and im debating on selling/getting rid of him, or getting a new hen to match him. Any Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom