Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Pics
I show BB Red's and I can say without another picture that no it's not show quality.Too much fluff at base of tail,Too high tail angle,Should be 45 degrees at the base of the sickles.Too long legged.He is just not very well balanced.The hackles also fade into a lighter color at the bottoms.The main tail feathers should over lap each other with no gaps between.

Last edited:
Hey everyone! Just wanted to add my OEGB's to the thread as well! We have two spangle hens and a BBR rooster (he is a bit too big though). My son showed all of them at county fair this year. The one hen took best of breed and best overall bantam. Really good! Here's the pics!

63086_trio.jpg

63086_101_3062.jpg

63086_101_3060.jpg

63086_101_3086.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
I think I fell in love with a new bird. That fawn duckwing is BEAUTIFUL!!! I think I am on a new mission now.... find a fawn duckwing!

Good luck
sad.png

I NEED HELP!! I have a pair of black breasted red OEGB's and they dont look like breeding quality to me. Is there any way that i can use just these to 2 and make breeding quality offspring? Here are some pics

Roo:
66311_matts_157.jpg

66311_everything_at_moms_and_homecoming_217.jpg

66311_everything_at_moms_and_homecoming_216.jpg

Hen:
66311_poultry_352.jpg

66311_poultry_350.jpg

from a local breeder. i dont even remember his name. they were purchased for a project i have in mind. time to do some crossing.

Has anyone here seen gold-laced OEG? I noticed they have some on the Ideal poultry website. Has anyone ordered OEGs from them before? Are they a decent looking bird? I don't expect show quality but would like to know if they have good form. Thanks for any replies.

Back
Top Bottom