Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Pics
At what age can you dub and how late is too late to dub for a show? I've got a show next month on the 18th that I want to take some of my birds to, and one of my OEGB cockerels is not dubbed. I dont' know how to do it but a friend does. I was just wondering if it's too late to dub this cockerel for this show.

howerver if they are under a year of age they do not have to be dubbed (i think) i took some to the fair this year and they said it was fine.

Quote:
Yeah, I've heard that the cockerels don't have to be dubbed, but I've also heard that not dubbing them makes them get looked over by the judges pretty much. So I think to increase my chances he needs to be done or left at home. I went to a show last month and didn't see one cockerel that was NOT dubbed, so he would surely stand out as-is.

We usually dub at about 6 months old. I know there are people that dub sooner. Here's what the Standard says about dubbing under disqualifications:

Disqualification
Undubbed cockerel after November 1 of the year it is hatched.

Hope this helps!
smile.png

Quote:
Shortstop and Tyke are from IDEAL and they are the wrong sizes. Otherwise ppl think they're breeder chickens.

Back
Top Bottom