Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Pics
Quote:
a mutt

In my understanding a "mutt" is a mixed breed. Both these birds are most definitely OEGB. I didn't intend to breed the two, but it happened, and the hen is broody. I'm letting her set the eggs so I'm just curious as to what I might peeking out from under her in two weeks. Can anyone give me some ideas besides "mutt"?

In their saying 'mutt' they don't mean mixed as in 2 different breeds,but two different types crossed.Brassy and Buff is just not a combination sought for. The babies will still be cute lil OEGB,just not a variety.Recognized or not.

Quote:
there are probably closer to 100, but they are not all recognized.

I had planned on working toward a pair of each variety but that may be a bigger undertaking than I had planned.

My Ginger Reds hatched last night! 100% hatch! They are cute little buggers. I don't think all of them will be Gingers though. The hen was in a pen with other Cocks before I got her. She laid the day I brought her home, so we'll see what they turn out to be. I'll have to ask the guy what colors he had in there.
57681_ginger_red_chicks_less_than_24hrs_old.jpg

57681_ginger_red_chicks_less_than_24hrs_old_1.jpg

57681_ginger_red_chicks_less_than_24hrs_old_2.jpg

Yeah, everything is getting the laying fever around my place. My Fawn and Silver duckwing eggs are fertile too. I have couple of those due on the 4th. I have Golden Phoenix(LF) due the same day. Along with 16 Muscovies due Easter Sunday. I just hatched out 3 of my own barnyard mix about a week and a half ago. What can I say? I love chicks!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

You know im not much into bantams but love game breeds....and thems some cute gingers....im starting back breeding the large fowl gingers and redquill stock is just so hard to find nowdays for them. Mite have to get me some of those gingers bantams lol.

Well, I won't be keeping them. Half will probably go back to the guy I got the pair from. The rest to whoever wants them. ;)They do grow up to have the prettiest pumpkin coloring. I love how it looks in the sun.

My hen hatched 3 chicks, 2 one day and then the last one was just a day later. The last one is only about half the size, the eggs were all the same size. I'm not sure what happened there but he sure is a cute little bugger. I wouldn't think one day would make that much difference.

19303_chicks_2011_009.jpg

19303_chicks_2011_008.jpg

Cute babies everyone. One day can make all the difference. I have the same size difference going on right now.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom