Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Pics
Quote:
I am probably gonna have too many birds to do justice to them, but if that is the case, I will just keep a trio of a couple colors to play with, and concentrate on just a couple colors...talk to ya soon bill...

You're welcome! The first set eggs mine laid were not fertile, but the second set were. It won't take long.
Quote:
Thanks Tbird!! Guess that means I'll have babies some time this summer...
big_smile.png
I can wait for that.
smile.png
I'll finally get to post my own baby pics!!

Here is a pic of my broody. I was told she is a Wheaten.
57681_hen1.jpg

57681_hen.jpg

She is sitting on some Fawn duckwing and LF Golden Phoenix eggs for me. Due in a week. Can't wait. I already hatched out 8 from her less than a week ago. She was originally with some Mille Fleur colored Roosters.

Quote:
I might have to get some blue spangled eggs off of you I lost my sport roo this morning. I was out of town all weekend hubby was in charge of the birds so
hit.gif

what happened to him? Just fall over dead? I wont be gettin rid of many of my blue spangles this fall, but I bet I could spare a cockerel, or once i get a fair number hatched out I could send you a dozen or so eggs....we can get you something. I only have a blue spangled rooster, and a blue spangled sport pullet at the moment, and 5 spangled hens. I am gonna put the blue spangled cock over 4 nice spangled hens, and the sport hen under the spangled cock, and try to get two breeding pens set up of blue spangled next year.

Last edited:
These are 6wk blue wheatens from Ideal. I'm curious about how their color is looking. She looks good to me, and is so pretty! I don't know about the cockerel, though. Is this how a blue wheaten male color pattern starts out? Is he going to look like a typical blue wheaten? What does the standard call for in leg color on a blue wheaten? Obviously I know these babies won't be show quality, but I'm loving them. They're so tiny and active and pretty! It's so much fun watching them develop.
CIMG1248.jpg

CIMG1251.jpg

the coloring on your blue wheatons is not bad, and yes the males coloring is fine but he looks like he may end up being a wheaten instead of a blue wheaten. When you breed blue wheaten to blue wheaten you will get wheatens, blue wheatens, and then blue wheaten splash. The leg color is white, or white with a pink tinge...

Back
Top Bottom