Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Pics
Quote:
Sunny, your chick is a female. Below was pic of my blue red oegb chicks, I got 2 males and 4 females from that hatched.....the bottom right was a male and the others were females. I was dead on with how many male and female I got from all my hatches. An old cocker thought me that when I bought some of his birds.

34472_picture_jp3_07_30_10_019.jpg

I am looking for someone that can help to dub my sons OEGB rooster. I originally posted in it's own thread and got great information. I am now looking for someone to maybe help me with dubbing. I have NEVER done it and do not want to screw it up. He has fair in August and two shows after that (october & november). We live near Canton, Ohio and I'm willing to drive a bit if someone is willing help us with this. Below is the original post and I've added pictures of the rooster in question. Thanks!!

Hello all,
My son recently got a spangled OEG rooster that he would really like to show but the rooster has not been dubbed. He is 2 yrs old. Is it possible to still dub him or no? We have not yet had any experience doing this but from my understanding it should be done from 6 mos to a year old. I have found no info on doing them when they are older. Thanks for any advice!

63086_oegb_rooster.jpg

63086_oegb_rooster_2.jpg

Quote:
bantiesrule, you can sex oegb chicks with chipmunk pattern by looking at the black line on the eyes....a solid blk line run all the way is a female a fade or no line is a male. I got them all correct on 4 of my hatches....an old cocker thought me that when I bought his birds.

In the pic, three chicks close to the mom are female and the one on bottom right is a male....you might need to zoom it.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/34472_picture_jp3_07_30_10_019.jpg

I'm still unsure about sexing my OEGB chicks. I thought this would be a girl but now it seems to be getting a comb already (it's 10 days old). What's your guess?

19303_baby_chick_2011_003.jpg

Thanks

Quote:
bantiesrule, you can sex oegb chicks with chipmunk pattern by looking at the black line on the eyes....a solid blk line run all the way is a female a fade or no line is a male. I got them all correct on 4 of my hatches....an old cocker thought me that when I bought his birds.

In the pic, three chicks close to the mom are female and the one on bottom right is a male....you might need to zoom it.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/34472_picture_jp3_07_30_10_019.jpg

I'm still unsure about sexing my OEGB chicks. I thought this would be a girl but now it seems to be getting a comb already (it's 10 days old). What's your guess?

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/19303_baby_chick_2011_003.jpg

Thanks

huge comb... looks roo'ish to me...

but listen... the thing about seramas is that sometimes the rooster can have hen coloring out of nowhere... like last time kate had an amazing mille fleur colored rooster, but it had the hen colors not the normal red mille fleur rooster coloring... i fell in love with him but i couldn't take him home...
sad.png
i hope whoever got him is happy...

i've also seen some hen patridge colored roosters too... that's weird... they aren't hen feathered, they're just hen colored... maybe this one is going to have the hen duckwing coloration...??? weird...

edit: i thought this was a serama thread... LOL... disregard everything posted up there... i was talking about serama... but still... looks like a roo to me... i wouldn't rely on the eye stripe all the time...

Last edited:
Your chick looks a lot like a Speckled Sussex. I've got a spangled OEGB named Little Dove but I don't know anything about her background since she was a gift from a neighbor. She's a wonderful mama.

73073_phto0010.jpg

Quote:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/19303_baby_chick_2011_003.jpg

Thanks

It looks like a she to me unless the comb turns red at 1 month. What variety of oegb is it?

here are some pics of my friend's (bgjoe) hatch...

2011-06-01_15-56-11_523.jpg

2011-06-01_15-56-39_40.jpg

fawn silver duckwings...
2011-06-01_15-53-08_109.jpg

2011-06-01_15-54-00_461.jpg

2011-06-01_15-52-57_969.jpg

i have two porcelain chicks in my brooder, i'll take pics tonight when i clean them up and feed them and post them up, if not tonight tomorrow...

Back
Top Bottom