Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Pics
I know that this might now be the best thread to post this question on, but it seems to pertain to OEGBs. Has anyone else experienced an OEGB that is cold intolerant and develops a wheeze/sneeze or cough when it gets cold??? As soon as the weather warms up, those symptoms go away..AND it is NOT contageous......
I have a roo that does this....and I know of another roo that does this.......anyone else????

Quote:
It could be chronic respiratory disease, it could be a fungal respiratory infection, or something else all together. if it's not contageous it could be an old fungal respiratory infection that has scarred over. Wish you the best of luck.

Bad news... My only OEGB chick Chipmunk was found dead yesterday.
sad.png
It was the only bantam in the batch so that was probably a variable. Oh well, I am now OEGBless.
hmm.png

Does anyone have pics of baby mille fleurs or spangles? On feathersite they show mille fleurs as blackish with a brown face and then farther down they have chipmonk colored ones: http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/Games/GameBantams/BRKOEGBantams.html (way on the bottom of the page). Before I lost my rooster, I hatched out some and they looked like this:

19303_chickens_may_2009_024.jpg

I have seen adult mille fleurs in which some are a darker red than others, is this why chicks are different colors or are the pictures tagged wrong?

Is there a website somewhere that would show the different chicks on it?
Thanks

Well that looks like a red pyle hen, that will play a role as well. Millie chciks are very dark, Spangled look the same as a BB red (chipmonk stripped) only with a white breast rather than the buttery yellow color.
Does that help at all?

As for the darker color of Millie, it is not un-common to cross millie with spangle to darken the millie back up. Others have used ginger red both work but the spangle is the fast route. You also have a group that uses millie to get the black barring back in the spangle. this will result in a darker millie or a light spangle depends on what you are breeding for.

Back
Top Bottom