Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Pics
Quote:
i'll trade you a pair for a pair of chocolates...

edit: once they hatch of course... LOL... i'm working with chocolates... i should have some gorgeous specimens next season...

Last edited:
Quote:
Yes please..lol

who has opals...? i want some... LOL...

If you want good opal, you should contact Carl in Oklahoma (twinlakepoultry), Dwayne in Louisiana or Ron Smith. They are breeding their opal according to the standard that is being waiting for apa and aba approval on recognition of the variety. I have seen a few pics of their birds, they look good. I am not sure if they have any available but it worth to try contact them.

Quote:

If you want good opal, you should contact Carl in Oklahoma (twinlakepoultry), Dwayne in Louisiana or Ron Smith. They are breeding their opal according to the standard that is being waiting for apa and aba approval on recognition of the variety. I have seen a few pics of their birds, they look good. I am not sure if they have any available but it worth to try contact them.

My breeders came from Ron Smith himself.He was the originator of the Opals. I have actually been thinking about selling my trio of Opals from him,hadn't 100% decided though.He is the bird in my Avitar. He has gone through his molt and is starting to bring his sickle feathers back in.

58523_dscf7587_-_copy.jpg
58523_dscf7588_-_copy.jpg

Quote:

This is Carl, ron and I worked on developing a proposed standard for everyone to breed toward.
Would you like to see the pure Opal, early opal white cross for type, or some of this years young birds? They getting much better.

Quote:

This is Carl, ron and I worked on developing a proposed standard for everyone to breed toward.
Would you like to see the pure Opal, early opal white cross for type, or some of this years young birds? They getting much better.

Lol..I forgot about you Carl!!...ol...Sorry.... I wanna see some of them!!

Here is one of the F2 pullets being breed for Type improvement. Both of her parents were from a cross with hen line whites I have.
30249_2010_opal_pullet.jpg

her dad 1/2 Opal 1/2 White Opal Cock used over White Hen

30249_05-04-10_1400.jpg

One Of this years young Cockrells,
30249_sany1567.jpg

Pure Opal Cock Bird: He is molting so not too good right in recent photos
30249_cockside.jpg

Back
Top Bottom