Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

opinions please:

17189_black_oegb.jpg

17189_black_oegb_pullet.jpg

I was just wanting to get a good start for my son. He turned 11 yesterday and found out he is getting this pair, maybe adding a 2nd hen, this evening....he just floated to bed.

I think I remember being that young.
big_smile.png

Thanks for the info on obtaining the standard. I will order a copy for myself or pick one up at the next show. I guess I better ask a newbie question.

Do they sell them at the shows or would I be better off ordering online?

Last edited:
Quote:
You are better off ordering it from the ABA or APA based on what you work with, if you are only into bantams then the ABA is fine if you like the large fowl as well then the APA will be better as it covers all large fowl and bantams and all recognized varieties of each.

Good deal, a copy of the standard is a must if you plan to breed, or show either way. I find regardless of how many times you read it you will still want to break it out when its time to cull and pick your birds. there are so many little things that are easy to miss and overlook. Type is an easy one when culling but once that is done and its time to focus on color you will really want the book. Look them over close and carefull. after a while the common problems are easy to pick out but then are less common faults that are easily overlooked.

yes a must have we also have one that is called old english game bantams as bred and shown in the united states that gives all the details on color, what to breed with what to get ? and what to cull and what to keep etc. I found it to be a must also for bantams which is what we raise

Back
Top Bottom