Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Quote:
You will find most books published by Fred Jefferies were very well written, and solid on documentation. He was a genetic researcher facinated with poultry and ran several breedings himself in teh process of writing that and other books. He was also very good about reaching out to those who knew about thier birds and had kept them for many years. there were several books written by fred Jefferies and co-authored by others.

so I wanted your guys opinion on this cockerell from this year, type only. He was the strongest of my test breeding with my buff cock I have, his color isn't right because i crossed him with a red pyle, I have some buff pullets for this year to cross this bird's father with. So speaking type, what do you guys think are his strengths and weaknesses?

szad4z.jpg

overall he is not a bad looking bird however his wings are a little to low and his chest is not real big but he has a good tail and of course color is not great. I am by no means downing your bird just giving a opinion.

you may can get better if you keep breeding them. he does stand good though if this was your first time trying that cross not bad... I am a red pyle man myself and I have some no no`s I am trying to fix also

Back
Top Bottom