Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Quote:
if he is 3 yrs old or younger I would pass on that bird, if he is 4-7 years of age he may not be bad. it is very difficult to get tail retention back into a line once it lost.
His body carriage is not great in that picture but truth be told it is hard to get a picture of a bird at the right moment.

92411_minpinguy_silver_duckwings-blue_reds_006.jpg

He is 9 months old right now, heres a pic of a SDW he also has, about the same age and I'm going to try to get some more pics of what he has so the feedback is greatly appreciated:D

Here is a decent example of a 3 yr old cock bird. Body and tail set you should consider. this should provide you a decent reference to keep in mind. I will also post a Female Pic for reference as well but the little white hen posted bu otter on the previous page is quite nice too.
Cock:
3 yr old BB
30249_bb_red_rooster.jpg

6 yr old Black
30249_sany0717.jpg

4 yr Old Brassy back
30249_brassy_cock.jpg

Cockrell:
30249_cockrell.jpg

30249_sany2038.jpg

younger cockrell
30249_opalcockrell4.jpg

Pullet:
30249_sany2056.jpg

30249_white_cross_result_pullet.jpg

30249_sany2068.jpg

now you have some references.

Quote:
Seems to be Sun Bleached to me, not a perfect silver

I would agree, as well as quite leggy and what appears to be black stripping in the hackle with weak wing bay and bow, overall not a bad yard bird but not a good example or OE

Marvin,
Thought you might enjoy this little pullet. This is the direct F1 result of Columbian male x wheaton female you will notice a small amount of color leakage in wing but otherwise columbian in appearance.
I used some of my wheatons to start modifying the body and improve the color of primary flight and tail feathers. I also have some that I used with Blue wheaton, so i have a few young Blue Columbain to start working with as well.

30249_sany2113.jpg

Ok, thanks, if he sends more pictures I will post them and see which you all think would be the best bird (s) for the price, the prices only range from 10 -15 for a pair to 40 for 4 of I think a blue splash, not sure what he called it

Here is a picture of my SD cockerell. He's pretty young here, and I apologize for the poor quality of the picture. I don't think I could take a decent picture of a chicken to save my soul. Anyway, I think this guy is pretty nice. Maybe not as nice as some of Jarvis's beautiful birds, but I sure like this pair of SD's. BTW, Jarvis, I didn't know if you knew you are dealing with my sister on the trio of RC's.

68749_p1000308.jpg

Here is a more recent pic. Shows his tail a little better here. Once again, not the best pic. This little pullet is the most AGGRESSIVE eater of all my chickens. She attacks her food like she hasn't eaten in weeks!
68749_p1000378.jpg

Back
Top Bottom