Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

If you have hatched both Silver and golden females from matings where he was teh sire then he must be a golden, I would assume he is a cross of Silver Duckwing x Crele myself due to the barring, are all of his offspring barred or when bred to the SDW does he through some without barring?

If you have hatched both Silver and golden females from matings where he was teh sire then he must be a golden, I would assume he is a cross of Silver Duckwing x Crele myself due to the barring, are all of his offspring barred or when bred to the SDW does he through some without barring?
he is homozygous for barred... to date i've had about 30 chicks from him (only a few pure oegb, the rest mutts) and ALL of them are barred.

the pure oegb chicks i've had the silver barred cockerel, had 2 very red barred pullets (no cockerels tho, so i don't know if they're bbr) and another silver chick that i lost at 3 days old. the mixed chicks were with a variety of things, including brahma cochin d'anvers and d'uccle. no predictable color patterns but all were barred.

crele is technically barred bbr. some people get odd when you call a non-bbr with barring crele, but...
hu.gif

ignoring the barring, which will breed true with them all, red x red = red. red roo x silver hen = red pullets and gold cockerels.

not that it applies to you, but just for fyi, if you breed a silver roo to a red hen, you'll get silver pullets and gold cockerels. but if your goal is red (or true crele) then the red roo is definitely the better choice.

Here is the link to a color calculator that I have been using: <snip>
I don't know why the link is so darn long, but it's a good color calculator.
smile.png
the link you posted had all of the changes to the basic genome you'd made...

this is the basic calculator prior to any mutations being added.
http://kippenjungle.nl/kruising.html

i use this frequently, to refresh my memory of what mutations are on which loci.

I am using the "Tab View" version of the calculator you posted. I bookmarked it before I made any changes, so there are no modifications.
yeah i see that now. the primary difference is the 'extra' mutations shown at the bottom. if you go to the base link those are removed. depends if you're breeding silkie/frizzle/creeper/etc or just want the basic colors listed.

Back
Top Bottom