Hello BYC community!

Birdland80

In the Brooder
Nov 4, 2019
Victoria, Australia
Hi from Tower Hill in Australia! Its very exciting to finally be a part of this online poultry community!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I have had chickens before, but This is the first time I have had chickens with a rooster, and now an incubator to see what little peepers we can bring into the world.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

(3) What breeds do you have?
Isa Brown, Golden leg bar, aracuna, pekin, bantam, white leghorn

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Their individual personalities and community/family bond together

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
gardening, my hobby farm and multiple rescue animals, building and art

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I husband, 1 daughter, two border collies, two geese, two ducks, 14 chickens, 2 roosters, 3 chicks, four sheep, two alpacas, 1 mini highland steer, 50+ goldfish...for now. one big loved family

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I've known about BYC for about a month and it seems the place to be for talking about our beloved poultry and getting some hands on supportive information about certain issues.

inCollage_20191031_061503338.jpg

Hi there, @Birdland80, as you may have guessed from the name, I'm not an Aussie. However, like most Kiwis, I have a handful of Aussie cousins, and I've crossed the ditch a couple of times.

I keep Muscovy ducks, and I am currently enjoying their very first eggs. I have kept chickens in the past and am considering getting more. Like you, I enjoy gardening.

Welcome to BYC!

Back
Top Bottom