Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by duckyfromoz, Nov 16, 2011.

1. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    Welcome Fellow Aussies... With this land being such a huge place- a few of us decided it was big enough for two threads on here... so here we go on number two- a thread started with a slower pace in mind than the original Australian thread. Please feel welcome to post but keep in mind that too much general chat does sometimes discourage some people from adding to the thread.

Grab a cuppa and sit for a read through some more local flavour chooky tales, and share your own stories.

Welcome aboard [​IMG] and [​IMG] if you are new to the site - come introduce yourself.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
  2. farmerjordan95

farmerjordan95 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 29, 2011
    Yarra Valley victoria
    hello everyone [​IMG]

Jharris3 and saaussie like this.
  3. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    Hey there Farmer.. Hope things are nice and green over your way. Fantastic kind of weather we have had down here lately!! Just pity about the the wind and storms.

4. farmerjordan95

Sep 29, 2011
    Yarra Valley victoria
    yeah it is exellent here at the moment luckily the storms did no damage here. how are things over your way?

5. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    Green!! A nice downpour one day and a beautiful sunny day the next is great. I have 2 ducks thinking about going broody. They have made nests in corners of the yard in the long grass. Kind of cute seeing them sitting there with just their heads peeking over the top.

6. farmerjordan95

Sep 29, 2011
    Yarra Valley victoria
    hahaha how many ducks do you have? i just hatched my first batch of ducks in the incubator so cute!!!!

7. RareBreedFancier

RareBreedFancier Surrounded by Broodies

Nov 5, 2010
    Australia :)
    Shiny new thread! [​IMG]

What's everyone up to? I'm heading to the local auction on the weekend, have to sell some roos. I'm not supposed to bring anything home but we'll see how that goes. [​IMG]

8. 70%cocoa

70%cocoa Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2011
    Canberra, Australia
    Hi there! I'm in Canberra [​IMG] I've got 8 adult ducks and 7 ducklings between 3 and 5 weeks old.

Finally getting a bit of warm summery weather here - Canberra is slow to catch up....

Are you going to let your ducks sit, Duckyfromoz?

9. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    I have... 20 outside...and 16 babies inside. ( Indian Runners mostly ) 10 are going home this weekend- as they arent mine. I just dropped off a turkey I hatched for one friend as well. And I just found a beak in the aircell of an egg when I candled the eggs that are nearly due to hatch.

What breed did you hatch? They really are gorgeous arent they ?? So different to chickens.

10. wooklet

wooklet Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Tasmania
    Hi all. Nice to see you all here! I'm from Tasmania,and have mainly Silkies and Game birds,plus some Beautiful Runner Ducks(thanks Ducky!!). Am a proud Mum tonight,my first Malay game that I bred hatched today,here's a photo(don't all proud Mums show photos?)
    [​IMG]
    's the first three,there are more to come.
    Welcome all! Look forward to getting to know you all! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by