Life With The Flock: Lacy Duckwing's Flock Thread

Pics
I do, 19, and yes, a wide mix of breeds. I don't have any white eggers currently. I suggest getting a Whiting True Blue instead. They're similar to EEs, but better. They'll lay blue eggs guaranteed, look like an EE, but have a better, calmer, friendlier personality. My Sarah I can literally pick her up and hug her, and she'll act like I didn't even pick her up.
I will add it to my chicken breed wish list! They seem like a great breed! One of the reasons I wanted a classic Easter Egger was because I had a remarkable friendship with one a few years ago. Her name was Autumn. I had 2 EE hens, and 1 EE Roo.
Cool! What breeds are your pullets? RIRs are great, aren't they? 4 years old and is now slowing down is pretty impressive.
My pullets are White Leghorns. Impressive Layers! For the past three days I've been getting 4 white eggs, and I only have 3 leghorns! It is impressive! I am glad she is still giving me that one weekly egg! My profile Picture is of Daisy the Leghorn. This was taken months ago. She now has this large comb that flops and flaps as she runs about. My leghorns are very flighty. That is common for leghorns. Hailey Can't fly well. She is molting, and she is loosing her feathers! The Pullets haven't started to do so yet.

I will add it to my chicken breed wish list! They seem like a great breed! One of the reasons I wanted a classic Easter Egger was because I had a remarkable friendship with one a few years ago. Her name was Autumn. I had 2 EE hens, and 1 EE Roo.
Ok! They are! Aww, what a pretty name! Do you have any pictures of Autumn or any of your other EEs you had?
My pullets are White Leghorns. Impressive Layers! For the past three days I've been getting 4 white eggs, and I only have 3 leghorns! It is impressive! I am glad she is still giving me that one weekly egg! My profile Picture is of Daisy the Leghorn. This was taken months ago. She now has this large comb that flops and flaps as she runs about. My leghorns are very flighty. That is common for leghorns. Hailey Can't fly well. She is molting, and she is loosing her feathers! The Pullets haven't started to do so yet.
Wow, that is very impressive! Do you have any artificial lightening on them? Aww... Daisy sounds fun! There's a chicken molting contest going on right now. Maybe you should enter it?
I have a Samsung phone, one of the Galaxy ones, I think it's the AO1? I can never seem to get good photos, but it's just me I guess. The angle, lighting, there are so many factors to getting a good photo, you are great at taking pictures!
Mine's an A12. I prefer to use my Canon Rebel EOS T5, but I'm starting to use my phone for quick pictures. Maybe you should check out this thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/photo-critique-club.1534260/ Post a picture or two and they'll tell you what you should do to improve, or just read what everyone is saying about other people's pictures and learn from that.
Thank you! :hugs

Someone is back in broody jail:
20221115_122613.jpg

Just look at that guilty face:
20221115_122512.jpg

Valerie, my only Olive Egger who actually lays olive colored eggs, is a naughty bird. She is seven months old and this is her second time of going broody. I didn't want to put her in broody jail, but with the weather getting quickly colder, I don't really have any other options on breaking her brood. Hopefully this is her last time of going broody at least until Spring.

Also, hopefully she'll be better than she was last time she went to jail... Last time, when she got out, she plucked the most impressive beard in the flock- Turbulence's. And Turbulence hasn't been able to grow her beautiful beard back, sadly. :hit

So my lucky birds got quite the treat today! They got the a deer rib cage today and they love it. I have a picture of them enjoying it, but I'll put it in a Spoiler just in case nobody wants to see it.

20221119_112628.jpg

My little pet raptors.

Update: Valerie got released from jail today. She was happy, though she considered sleeping in the nesting box tonight. She had sat down on all the eggs like she was attempting to warm them. Thankfully she didn't stay there long.

This post below is about one of my chickens, Beatrix. Please read, and share if you like.

Post in thread '#TeamCrossbeakAmber' https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/teamcrossbeakamber.1529072/post-26426282

On a side note, I once again got my chickens in the Murray McMurray Hatchery catalog. These are the chickens of this year:

Owl under Ameraucana:
20230102_172927.jpg

Victoria II and Phoebe under Black Copper Marans:
20230102_173025.jpg

(Bottom picture) Sarah, Marvalo III, and Beatrix under Whiting True Blue:
20230102_173107.jpg

This is my fourth year in a row of getting new pictures of my chickens in the catalog.

This post below is about one of my chickens, Beatrix. Please read, and share if you like.

Post in thread '#TeamCrossbeakAmber' https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/teamcrossbeakamber.1529072/post-26426282

On a side note, I once again got my chickens in the Murray McMurray Hatchery catalog. These are the chickens of this year:

Owl under Ameraucana:
View attachment 3365593
View attachment 3365594
View attachment 3365595

This is my fourth year in a row of getting new pictures of my chickens in the catalog.
Wow congratulations! That is so cool!

Owl under Ameraucana:
View attachment 3365593
View attachment 3365594
View attachment 3365595

That's great! Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom